Yesterday while many of my southern friends stateside were experiencing snow-days, we were enjoying some spring like sunshine. It was so glorious, I can tell you that it makes all the difference. During these long dark days of winter I confess that my mood suffers. But when we finally had a sunny day and blue skies I tied on my tennies and went outside for some much needed vitamin D. I love how everyone in town seemed out walking in the fresh air. I love how green the grass stays all winter long, I love how several times on our walk Coco stopped and looked around and dramatically declared that the blue sky was sooo beautiful!
I saw the first primrose, which in spring, carpets the grassy lawns; it brought such hope to my heart. I know in my head that winter is only taken a brief vacation from Switzerland, gone I suspect to haunt the deep south. I am grateful for his absence and the chance to feel alive again for a day.
I thought I would share some of my valentines links this week. Kids Crafts are terribly intimidating but I am going to tackle some tomarrow.
- I love these non candy valentines.
- What 3rd grader wouldn’t want a magnifying glass valentine?!
- Oh how I wish my love would make me one of these!
- I am dreaming of the hours this crafty valentine would occupy for my 9 year old!
- I think my Coco would love passing these out, but they will need a little glitter.
- I may just send a few of these for myself. A good laugh makes a welcome gift.
- Lastly nothing says valentines day like heart shaped strawberry Nutella french toast and frosted almond sugar cookies. .
One last photo- would you look at this darling little Coco pushing her babies in this vintage doll stroller I bought at the thrift store for Christmas!!!! Isn’t it TO-DIE-FOR? I searched for one like this for both kids and couldn’t find anything that I could afford when they were babies. Here in Europe they are everywhere. She is my valentine.