Fasnacht is the Swiss equivalent to the Venician Carnival or the New Orleans Mardi Gras. In general it’s not my kinda thing. Standing around in the cold watching people party it up in silly costumes, usually drunk (don’t you have to be to act like a weirdo?) just before the “fast” which is lent. My cynicism maybe unfounded as I have never attended, and if so I will be eating crow but it wont be the first time. This week has been the final week of school leading up to the 2 weeks of winter break. I have attended 3 preschool parties and have not had hardly a moment to go to the bathroom myself! The children are loving all the excitement, and Coco has had an excuse to paint her face and dress like a fairy all week, so life is good.
Other good news is that we are planning our first trip back to the states. We received our dispensation from the village this evening via post for the 2 days off we requested so that we could leave school July 3 and 4 to attend our national holiday in the states and gather with our family and country men. It was a very nice letter but it did warn that we should not make the request every year! It’s so funny to me, Axel has missed one sick day the entire time we have been in Switzerland and I am asking for the last 2 days of school- but I am grateful that they have agreed and now we will start booking flights this weekend. The children are particularly excited.
Here are links for the week:
- All I hear these days are talk of how great hair extensions can be- strange since I wear my hair short- is the universe trying to tell me something? I LOVE the MM&L show!!!!
- Axel lost a tooth yesterday he is 9 and still believes, but just barely. I don’t know if its the right thing to do but I want him to be innocent for as long as I can keep it that way. I am trying to add a little more magic.
- I dream of gardening this time of year. I am a Alys Fowler fan and you can be too. In this episode she shares some great tips for gardening in Early spring, which depending on where you live, may be happening really soon. As she demonstrates here, there is a lot to be doing now!
- I don’t know about you guys but this is my idea of paridise.
- Last year at this time, I had decluttered down to about 14 totes and 8 big suitcases, how did I accumilate so much STUFF already? Here’s a great 40day checklist to get organized.
- I think this is the perfect spring easter dress. Green for Spring.
Have a wonderful weekend and I hope we can spend more time together next week.